Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Plethora's first flea market experience: Preparation

Noticed the clock ticker on the upper right side of my blog? ----->
We're joining the Brown Bag Vintage and Crafts market on December 9, 2011!

I received a text message a couple of days ago from Ms. Nori, informing me that they'll be having a vintage and crafts market on December at the Filipinas Heritage Library. Well, she had me at vintage! haha! My heart leaped with joy and I knew that I had to join this event because the location was very convenient for me. So I just texted her that I was interested to join, after 2 days I already got an email about the event and the proposal that they have for concessionaires like me.

Brown Bag Market's cool crafty poster


One thing that also convinced me to join this event is the time of year that its going to be held, December :) there would be a lot of potential buyers specially the ones who were finding gifts for their loved ones. I hope this event would be a learning experience for me (and my business partner/ bf) for our plans of expanding  our humble clothing store.

Here are the tasks that are bothering my mind, hehe...

1: Booth Selection- I asked a lot of my colleagues and family members about this, they told me not to take the first booth from the entrance, because based from their experience and also my own; they never really bought anything from the first stall they see, people usually browse around the stalls before they buy anything, OR they usually buy in the middle stalls.

2: Inventory- I only have 80+ days to prepare my inventory, this would usually be easy if I'll be buying brand new clothes, but in my case; buying a lot of PRETTY thrifted clothes would be a challenge. I'd be thinking of the clothes that I'll be posting both online and the ones that I'd be selling on December, I'm feeling a little pressured that I might hoard a lot, so wish me luck! 

3: Packaging- The perfect packaging is also important because we have to present our clothes and accessories attractively :) Labels and product tags could also double as business cards. Also, it was specifically stated on their rules that we're only allowed to use Eco bags or paper bags. I'll probably have this DIY-d :)

That's it for now, I'll be posting more about our shop's preparation in the coming days. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment