Thursday, January 5, 2012

Under a different name

So sorry for not posting on my blog, I've been off duty for two days now and I just feel sad. I feel like I just broke up with my online shop :P Let me explain to you why. 

I was really optimistic this year that I was slowly going to fix up the requirements in order to have a physical store (in the near future). A friend of mine told me a couple of weeks ago that she saw a similar store with the same name as mine. Just to be sure, I checked for shops online and I saw none. To formally have that business name for myself I decided to go to DTI and have it registered.




I actually went online to register but because I never got the transaction number that I needed in my email, I decided to go to DTI myself. And to my surprise... there's a corporation named "Plethora" too! waaaahhhh! huhuhu.... I had no choice but to change it.



I spent about 3 hours to think of the perfect name to replace "Plethora" . I just prayed hard for God to bless me that I'm making the right decision. ( I know I sound a little emotional here but my shop is my baby) and at the end of the day, I still registered my shop.



I'll be making a lot of changes for the shop, starting with my blog URL, then my Chictopia and twitter user names, and finally a new and improved Multiply Store. Please bear with me guys, I'm still going to be here, but just under a different name. And if ever you'd decide to register your shop's name too, visit DTI's site first and check if there are businesses with the same name as yours.

1. Click the business name search tab.
2. Choose contains all words
3. Type in the first word of your business name, in my case I typed "plethora"
4. Click search and wait for the results

*If you see a business name with a Corp. or Inc. on its suffix, you have to change your business name in its entirety. If your search results only had a business name same as yours but in a different line like Plethora Computer Shop or Plethora Laundry, the people at DTI would likely approve it.

Good Luck! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment