Thursday, May 24, 2012

My so called Quarter- life crisis and.. a New Phone :)

The quarterlife crisis is a period of life following the major changes of adolescence,usually ranging from the late teens to the early thirties, in which a person begins to feel doubtful about their own lives, brought on by the stress of becoming an adult. The term was coined by analogy with mid-life crisis.
-taken from Wikipedia


Hey girlies! :) I'm still alive :) just had to do a lot of re-thinking with the decisions I made in (my hormone- driven dramatic) the past. Sorry but I felt like I was experiencing a quarter- life crisis and I thought too much about myself at that time, I felt selfish. So.. now, to summarize; I am now trying my luck to go and work abroad as a nurse but Fashion will forever be in my heart. I have to be matured about what I really want in the future and just stick with the plan that my boyfriend and I had in the first place :P (oo nag drama lang ako for awhile, hehe..), and my/ "our" salary as a nurse/s here in the Philippines would not be enough to support a family.


As on my previous post, I made that decision mainly because I didn't want to be away from my parents and my boyfriend. Definitely long- distance relationships should be faced with a lot of perseverance, trust, patience and a lot of quality time and virtual dates using different communication  and social platforms like Skype, Yahoo, Facebook etc.

I talked to a couple of my friends who are already working in the Middle East and asked them if texting through roaming is much cheaper than BBM or Blackberry Messenger. I found that BBM would be better for us so I decided to sell my Experia on Sulit.com and a Blackberry 9360! :) Check out the video below.







Blackberry 9360
Price: P12,100


Full phone specifications c/o GSM Arena- http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_curve_9360-3722.php



Previously rumored as Curve Apollo
GENERAL2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G NetworkHSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
 HSDPA 900 / 1700 / 2100
Announced2011, August
StatusAvailable. Released 2011, August
BODYDimensions109 x 60 x 11 mm
Weight99 g
KeyboardQWERTY
DISPLAYTypeTFT
Size480 x 360 pixels, 2.44 inches (~246 ppi pixel density)
 - Touch-sensitive optical trackpad
SOUNDAlert typesVibration; Polyphonic(64), MP3 ringtones
LoudspeakerYes
3.5mm jackYes
MEMORYCard slotmicroSD, up to 32GB
Internal512 MB storage, 512 MB RAM
DATAGPRSYes
EDGEYes
SpeedHSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA
WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, UMA (carrier-dependent)
BluetoothYes, v2.1 with A2DP
NFCYes
USBYes, microUSB v2.0
CAMERAPrimary5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, LED flash
FeaturesGeo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization
VideoYes, VGA
SecondaryNo
FEATURESOSBlackBerry OS 7.0
CPU800MHz
MessagingSMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
BrowserHTML
RadioNo
GPSYes, with A-GPS support
JavaNo
ColorsBlack, Purple, Pink
 - MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player
- MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- Organizer
- Document viewer
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
BATTERY Standard battery, Li-Ion 1000 mAh
Stand-byUp to 336 h (2G) / Up to 288 h (3G)
Talk timeUp to 5 h (2G) / Up to 5 h (3G)
Music playUp to 25 h
MISCPrice group
TESTSDisplayContrast ratio: 1054:1 (nominal)
LoudspeakerVoice 69dB / Noise 65dB / Ring 71dB
Audio qualityNoise -85.9dB / Crosstalk -82.1dB
CameraPhoto



Pros:


1. Slim design
2. Vibrant interface
3. Is legible for the BBM service that we'll need
4. Has a fast processor
5. Has a 5MP camera and a nice sound quality
6. Battery life with the GPS off could reach up to 3 days.


Cons:
1. The images taken from the camera has a less than perfect quality
2. Blackberry's apps are limited
3. Battery life with the GPS on could reach about 24 hours only.

Overall, I still loved my Sony Ericsson Experia Mini Pro, because I could take crisp photos and blog about it on the go. I got sold on Blackberry's slim design and BBM so I guess I'll grow to love it too! Please forgive me for rambling girls, I just missed writing to express how I feel :)


How about you girls, have you experienced Quarter life Crisis too? :)



1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of switching to BBM too.. thanks for the review. :D

    ReplyDelete