Sunday, April 17, 2011

cashflow workshop



Spicy Fingers Greenbelt, fully packed
My sister and I attended the Cashflow Workshop yesterday by ICircle at Spicy Fingers, Greenbelt Makati. We were texted the night before to be registered for the workshop, by 9-10 am, we were told to bring our vouchers, a valid ID and a calculator. So there we were, 9:30 am sluggish and sleepy because it was a bit too early for us to wake up.








My sister Audie

We were asked to go inside the venue by 10:30 am and since they were not expecting that much participants to show up, they lacked the boardgames needed for some of the groups, including ours to start playing. The organizers also opted to separate friends or relatives from each other and distribute them to different groups, to establish rapport.
Then we started as soon as the boards arrived, we started playing. In comparison with Monopoly, one of the most loved and popular boardgames created, the player starts rich and as the pieces go around the board, the player has the option of buying real estate. With Robert Kiyosaki's Cashflow game, the player starts as professionals, and the goal is to get out of the rat race by increasing your passive income to exceed your expenses.



While playing the game, the player will land on paychecks, doodads (unexpected expenses) and opportunities; which can be applicable to real- life circumstances. Our coaches Eve and Jess were there to assist us in playing the game and how we can make informed decisions. What I noticed was that in order for a young professional like me to get out of the rat race, is to do the following:


1. Build my savings
2. Invest in the stock market
3. Invest in Real Estate.

Steps 1 and 2 are doable and realistic for me right now, I am definitely planning to open an account at citisec online to start investing in stocks. But before I can do that, I have to learn more about stock investing.
I was so happy that I was able to apply what I have learned while listening to Mr. Kiyosaki's audio books. We all have to be financially educated to be successful in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment